Sunday, January 1, 2012

Data Compression in SQL

Over a time, I have learnt that IO is critical resource in all the cases. I have seen it being bottle neck in lots of scenarios where we have plenty of CPU and Memory.

May be thats the reason I see lots of enhancements in terms to use IO resources at their best... database compression in SQL Server is one of its best feature. Following link is from my past learning, where I learnt how database compression feature in SQL Server benefits all of us. This will surely help all of us to understand how compression helps.


One thing that everyone should not forget is, each feature comes with its own advantages and disadvantage too. While going with advantages, one shouldnt miss to evaluate its disadvantages.

I appreciate the efforts done by SQLDenis.

Regards,
Sajid

No comments:

Post a Comment